Come to CFWF2022
Join SFWA in Regina for the first post-pandemic in-person national conference! Sept. 29 to Oct. 1.
FULL AGENDA UPDATE:
- Thursday – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – optional informal city site tours (TBD); evening reception at hotel.
- Friday – 8 a.m., board a bus and set out on your selected tour; return to the city in time for supper at your choice of local restaurant (supper not included in conference fee)
Overview of Friday Tour Choices
Option 1: Prairie Vistas TourThis one promises plenty of wide-open skies as you head to Axten Farms an hour and a half south of Regina. We’ll hear how the Axtens, Outstanding Young Farmers, live their motto, Loyal to the Soil, using regenerative farming practices. Next, we’ll visit Hoimyr Farms where beef cattle are raised on native prairie and tame forage. Finally, a stop at Purely Canada Foods, where sustainably grown, identity-preserved food and ingredients are gathered and processed using their own railway and terminal. We’ll also see the nearby 70,000-acre Kambeitz Farms, where some of the seed processed by Purely Canada is grown.
Option 2: Down to the Valley TourMotherwell Homestead shows us what scientific farming methods looked like at the turn of the last century, as explored by a Saskatchewan homesteader who became Canada’s agriculture minister in 1921. We’ll stop at the recreated Historic Bell Barn that showcases the evolution of agriculture in the area, and a trip to Qu’Appelle Valley Bison, where the operator uses a whole-herd, regenerative agriculture approach.
- Saturday – 8 a.m. CFWF member meeting; 10 a.m. professional development tour at U of Regina, lunch, and a food processing plant tour; 6 p.m. cocktails and banquet
- Saturday only includes CFWF meeting, professional development tour, lunch, and awards banquet
- Virtual webinars only register for our four online PD sessions only
- Saturday’s in-person professional development tour is included in the cost of conference registration. You can also register for our four webinars – one per week leading up to conference kick-off and recorded for your convenience
Can’t make it to Regina? Choose the online professional development option only for $60.
Got questions? Contact Diane Goski, Registrar. firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Mentorship in Agricultural Journalism & Communications
Whether you’re new or seasoned in your agricultural journalism or communications career, there’s always room for taking on new challenges or heading off in a new direction.
If you’re thinking of making a change in your career path, taking a step up to new responsibilities, or just wanting to figure out “where to next” – you should sign up for CFWF CONNECT, a new career mentorship program being offered to members across the country.
Deadline is Friday, August 26th
Your membership with CFWF gives you access to more than 300 Canadian journalists and communicators, and a membership to the International Federation of Agricultural Journalists, which represents over 5,000 members worldwide.
CFWF has an extensive awards program with 12 categories. Thanks to our generous sponsors, we offer prize money of up to $300 per winning entry.
A GROWING DEMAND
With the need to feed 9 billion people by 2050, and with consumers increasingly wanting to know where their food comes from, there is a growing demand for skilled agricultural journalists.
Each year, CFWF offers webinars, conferences and global opportunities to hone your skills as an agricultural journalist. We stay up to date with the latest trends such as social media, video reporting, and more!
YOUR RESUME WILL THANK YOU.
- Regional, national and international membership
- Access to webinars and professional development sessions
- Opportunties for global farm media tours
- Recognition of your excellence in journalism